Friday, April 01, 2005

Fear Factory - Archetype CD

I've finally gotten my hands on this most wanted gem of a CD, and it totally met every expectation! Actually, I downloaded it off the net, but hey, it still rocks! I would even go as far as to say this is their best overall work since 1995's Demanufacture, and that's saying ALOT!
Christian Olde Wolbers rocks a seven string just well as well as Dino ever did. Heck, he even had his own signature guitar from Jackson released recently. He may have switched from bass, but the signature Fear Factory guitar sound is definately maintained.
Raymond Hererra is probably still the fastest drummer I've heard, even beating out Slipknot's Joey Jordison in my opinion. It's amazing the speeds this guy can achieve as he sticks to challenging himself by coming up with the hardest beats he can think of and then pulling it off!
And Burton Bell may have reached new heights with his unmatchable vocals in this one. I still consider him the best growler/singer in the business, beating out guys like Corey Taylor (Slipknot) and Martin Cock (American Head Charge).
I really can't understand why Revolver would rate this CD so low when it's obviously their best work in a decade. Fans of the band and their unique mix of speed metal, thrash metal, death metal and industrial styles should know what I'm talking about as everything from the highspeed riffs to the use of a cybernetic future as song themes. This is vintage Fear Factory right here and is definately recommended! And if you've never heard Fear Factory before, this isn't a bad place to start!

CD Rating: ****

Must hear tracks:
- Slave Labour
- Cyberwaste
- Archetype
- Default Judgement

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home