Thursday, September 08, 2005

Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth (CD)

NIN's "The Downward Spiral" was the first full length CD I ever bought years ago. It was also one of the overall best CDs I ever heard also. I picked up NIN's latest album "With Teeth" cause it was said to be their best work since Spiral, but unfortunately I was really dissapointed with it. I know Trent Reznor defines the term "one man band" since he does everything himself during the recording process and there's no denying the man is a industrial musical genius.
The main problem I found was that most of the songs had too much build and no climax to them. That's what it sounded like to me. They just go on and on and on and that's it. Or we just hear Trent singing or screaming to a drum machine in the background. Nothing really as good as Downward Spiral. The only saving tracks are "Only" and "The Hand that Feeds".
You'd have to be a big NIN or industrial music fan to like this. Otherwise, it can easily be given a miss.
CD Rating: *1/2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home