Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Extreme Metal 2004 Awards

Yes, I know I'm late with this, but it's been a tough year for me as far as music is concerned since so many great albums are banned here in Malaysia and I had to rely on other means to get good music.
I had a tough time coming up with lists of what I considered the best of the year, so I'll leave it to just naming the best and mention what I feel deserve a credible mention.

BEST SONG
- Nightwish - Nemo
Runners Up:
- Dry Kill Logic - Paper Tiger
- Fear Factory - Archetype
- Rammstein - Mein Teil
- Slipknot - Duality

Best Video
- Nightwish - Nemo
Runners Up:
- Rammstein - Mein Teil
- Dry Kill Logic - Paper Tiger
- Slipknot - Vermillion

Best Album

- Demon Hunter - Summer of Darkness
Runners Up:
- Rammstein - Reise! Reise!
- Killswitch Engage - The End of Heartache
- Slipknot - Vol.3 (The Subliminal Verses)

Best Compilation Album
- MTV2 Headbanger's Ball Vol.2
Runners Up:
- Resident Evil: Apocalypse Movie Soundtrack
- Marilyn Manson - Less We Forget....The Best Of
- 311 - The Greatest Hits 1994 - 2004
- KoRn - Greatest Hits Vol.1

Best New Band

- Demon Hunter
Runners Up:
- Damageplan
- Martyr A.D.
- Three Days Grace
- Ektomorf

Most Overated Band
- Lamb of God
Runners Up:
- Metallica
- Linkin Park

Best Male Vocal
- Sgt. Serpent - Demon Hunter
Runners Up:
- Corey Taylor - Slipknot
- Burton Bell - Fear Factory
- Howard Jones - Killswitch Engage

Best Female Vocal
- Tarja Turunen - Nightwish
Runners Up:
- Sharon den Adel - Within Temptation
- Otep - Otep

Most Depressing Song
- Demon Hunter - My Hearstrings Come Undone
Runners Up:
- Lo Pro - Sunday
- A Perfect Circle - Imagine

Angriest Song
Martyr A.D. - American Hollow
Runners Up:
Otep - Buried Alive
KoRn - Y'All Want A Single?

Most Anticipated for 2005:
- American Head Charge - The Feeding
- MuDvAyNe - Lost and Found
- Nirvana - With The Lights Out

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe Prentice said...

How can Lamb of God be voted the most overrated band when they have great music, vocals, attitude, and influence towards the American Metal scene.I think Slipknot is the most overrated band in the metal scene, exuse me did i just say metal scene? I guess if you call nine guys who wear stupid masks and play on a keyboard and seven other instruments metal then, yeah I guess you call them the most overrated "Metal" band

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home