Sunday, January 18, 2004

My Best and Worst of 2003

Like my list of fav video games of 2003, my Best Of Music list is being published a bit late. Please note all my picks are based on CDs that I bought throughout 2003, so if anything is missing, it's probably cause I haven't bought it for myself yet.

Best Band: Chimaira (Runners Up: Devil Driver, Korn, Dope)

Best New Band: Devil Driver (Runners Up: Downthesun)

Best Side Project: Stone Sour (Runners Up: Murderdolls, To My Suprise)

Best Vocalist (Male): Mark Hunter (Chimaira) (Runners Up: Jonathan Davis - Korn, Edsel Dope - Dope, Dez Fefara - Devil Driver)

Best Vocalist (Female): Terrie B. (My Ruin) (Runners Up: Amy Lee - Evanescence, Cristina Scabia - Lacuna Coil)

Best Dual Vocals: Mushroomhead (Runners Up: Downthesun)

Best Guitars: Chimaira

Best Bass: Fieldy (KoRn)

Best Drums: Devil Driver

Best Song: Chimaira - Down Again (Runners Up: Devil Driver - I Could Care Less, Type O Negative - I Don't Wanna Be Me, Marilyn Manson - mOBSCENE)

Best Music Video: Chimaira - Down Again (Runners Up: Devil Driver - I Could Care Less, Dimmu Borgir - Progenies of the Great Apocalypse)

Most Disgusting Music Video: Marilyn Manson - God Eat God (Manson gets a featus removed from his head) (Runners Up: KoRn - Right Now)

Worst Video: Lacuna Coil - Heaven's A Lie (Runners Up: Any video by Audioslave)

Best Overall CD: Devil Driver - Devil Driver (Runners Up: Chimaira - The Impossibility of Reason, Dope - Group Therapy)

Best Compilation: MTV2 HeadBanger's Ball (Runners Up: Freddy Vs Jason Movie Soundtrack, Stone Temple Pilots - Thank You, Nirvana - Nirvana)

Worst Overall CD: Godsmack - Faceless

Best Album Cover: Freddy Vs Jason Movie Soundtrack (Runners Up: Cradle of Filth - Damnation And A Day)

Worst Album Cover: Static-X - Shadow Zone (What is that on the cover anyway?!?)

Most Overated Band: TIE - Linkin Park/Audioslave

Most Anticipated New CDs for 2004: Slipknot and Rammstein

Most Anticipated New Bands: Demon Hunter and The Blank Theory

Not Even Worth Checking Out: Limp Bizkit - Results May Vary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home