Monday, January 12, 2004

Why I prefer to look for CDs in a foreign country

Fueled by the song "Pure Hatred" by Chimaira

While on a recent trip to Singapore, I picked up a lot of metal CDs, though some really aren't that new but I could never find them here in Malaysia. Damn Government. Anyway, of course I couldn't get everything I wanted cause I was on a budget, and it didn't help matters to find out the price of import CDs had gone WAY up, and that beginning this year the Govt. tax would go up another 5%! Another thing that pissed me off were that the CDs I could find locally here where available there with tons of great bonus stuff like free DVDs or enhanced stuff on the CDs. Why can't we get that kind of stuff here?!? How come only repetitive CDs like Linkin Park or Limp Bizkit can become available instantly on release whereas awesome new bands like Dope, Nothingface or Devil Driver never see the light of day here unless they get that hit single that sells a million copies? And the government wonders why people buy pirated CDs.

Anyways, here's what I managed to get while in Singapore:
Chimaira: The impossibility of Reason
Coal Chamber: Giving the Devil His Due
Devil Driver: Devil Driver
Dope: Group Therapy
Downthesun: Downthesun
Freddy VS Jason Movie Sound Track
MTV2: Head Banger's Ball
My Ruin: The Horror of Beauty
Nothingface: Violence
Spine Shank: Self Destructive Pattern
Static-X: Shadow Zone
Stone Sour: Stone Sour
Type O Negative: Life is Killing Me

If I'm lucky, I might be going again in February. If I do, you can bet there's still alot more CD's I'll be searching for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home